"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:Well I don't really agree with that. I understand that you say, the US does the war, their soldiers die, and than it is unfair that other countries that kept their hands clean get rebuilding contracts.
I really don't agree with Bush either on that. I'm sure it was part of the "Sell" on getting the "Coalition of the Willing" to offer some recompense for their expenses in the post war reconstruction. Currently, Iraq is occupied and under coalition control (most days). So in a way, yes, we own it for now. But, I don't think we want to own it for much longer.
Quote:It opens the way for western countries to start a war (just before the other one does) to be able to get the rebuilding.
The counter would be that we do not step in *cough*SUDAN *cough* when we morally should, because it is all economic down side.
Quote:Then English and american sources started saying they had "found" ...you name it....to get support from other country's.
Well, this is where I disagree with you. The evidence I have seen shows that the Russians, Isreali's, Saudi's, German's, French, British, and US intelligence thought Chemical and Biological stockpiles existed in Iraq. Even the summary of UNMOVIC after being booted in 1998, had unresolved tons of unaccounted for precursor supplies. BTW, there was a story in the papers a few weeks ago about a thwarted terrorist attack in Jordan involving barrels of chemical weapon agent being trucked in from Syria. Where did the terrorists get the chemicals? From Iraq, or from Syria? How much more do they have?
Quote:please don't say "our" Of course I do not blame americans as people.
In the end, it is "We the People" that form our government. I might not like Bush either, but my mother and other relatives sure do. I have friends of all different political persuasions, so I try to be understanding and open minded. There is an argument for claiming that the US government is out of control of the people, but generally I think it represents at least 40-49% of Americans currently.

Edit: I listened to a commentary on NPR by a Brit, Clive Crook on my way home tonight. Clive Crook - Reflections on America
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 06-04-2004, 07:15 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM