Short report on my first day
Cryptic,Mar 22 2004, 10:53 PM Wrote:Thanks for the info, Jarulf!  I can't think of anyone more qualified for (or deserving of) a Beta slot.  Don't forget to use /bug and /suggest like crazy.
;)

A couple questions if you have the time ...

What is the leveling speed like so far?  You were able to level from 1 to 9 in a day?  Does it seem like the curve slows as you progress, or does it stay relatively constant due to increased monster & quest difficulty?

Do item drops appear to be somewhat random, or are they specifically set per quest and/or monster kill?  (For example, do bears always drop bear pelts or claws or whatever, or do they have a small chance to have a "lair" nearby with stuff from dead bodies stashed there?)

Thanks, and have fun
B)
I report bugs if I find them. Suggestions, I will wait some until I know the game better.

Level up do slow down, I am at 12 now. Depends a lot what you do though. SOme non combat skills, running arround learning stuff and so on makes you not raise levels that fast.

I finally partied a lot today, that helped a LOT in quests, that require you to kill a lot of monsters (especially tough ones near your level). The quest rewards can be significat there, like 1500 when you need 8000 to level.

Party is good, the loot can be set for various ways, when we were just two, we had a free for all (and shared), with more people to join, we made it "round robin" or something, basically, the game deals it out so you take a body in turn. Works very nicely.

Items are random. Stuff like armor and weapons (weapons very rare, armor rare) are random and you can get them everywere it seems. The monster tied ones are "bear meat" from bears and so on. You never find items just layiong arround, although you might find treasure chests guarded by monsters. I think it works great.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Short report on my first day - by Jarulf - 03-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Short report on my first day - by SwissMercenary - 03-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Short report on my first day - by Jarulf - 03-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Short report on my first day - by Cryptic - 03-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Short report on my first day - by Bolty - 03-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Short report on my first day - by Jarulf - 03-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Short report on my first day - by Yrrek - 03-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Short report on my first day - by Jarulf - 03-23-2004, 06:28 AM
Short report on my first day - by Yrrek - 03-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Short report on my first day - by Rinnhart - 03-25-2004, 07:42 AM