The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
3 hours is 180 minutes. A tuned Orb sorc kills NM Countess in 2-3 casts as I recall (Nova is the same), most of the run time is lost in teleporting. The mazes fell into general shapes, a few exploritory teleports reveal maze shape and probable exit. 1 minute runs were possible in 1.09 for NM, so Enigma Leap Attack barbs can be 1 hit kills in Hell at similar runtimes. Thus this runner is getting about 150 chances for every 1 at the Hellforge and this runner is willing to invest (i.e. pay big) for Enigma. A3 provides the goodies for such a trade (and is reportedly a source of good runes too).

Occhidiangela reminds me that the rules are different in Normal, but as has been noted, it is travel time that consumes much of the effort. Sorcs have teleport. With mana for purchase, the early slowness is nearly overcome and the sorc looks good in a race.

But there are probably other characters that have decent chances as a vechicle, after reading MongoJerrys necro and thinking about the experience gains for bosses, the Leap powered barb killing Izzy etc might be considered. The beta changes and normal difficulty setting probably make me less able to make good predictions, but playing more is not a option at the moment.

For time comparisons, if would be better to start at the higher clvls. I think you have said that characters can be generated at clvl 33 with -act5. Does that work for other acts choices? (still no game here, maybe this weekend).

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Ferengi - 10-08-2003, 01:34 PM