The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Walkiry,Oct 9 2003, 02:09 PM Wrote:Heh, want to know why I haven't done any act rushing or tested any further to get those precious runes? The highest level character I have in Single Player is a level 34 Barbarian :D
Oh, that's even sadder than my situation. :)

I'm reminded, for both our sakes, of Ferengi's commnent that he prefers having a character that can go anywhere and do anything (i.e. an 800 pound Gorilla). I stopped playing my v1.09 werewolf Druid when he conquered hell, so he's only in the low 70s, and thus seriously underpowered in some situations in v1.10 hell. But he's much more v1.10 compatible than my 80s something bowazon (who was a Strafe-ist, which is currently bugged, and she no longer gets any mileage out of Fire Arrow and Guided Arrow).

In short, they need to release the beta so I can feel good about choosing a *real* character to play, to conquer the game and then be a big brother (or sister).

One amusing thing I forgot to mention in my last post, because I was tired, was that the only exceptional set or unique that has dropped came during the location rush to nm Hellforge/act5... Natayla's boots! Sweet. Clvl 25 req (which Anna already was) and 40% faster run/walk (vs. Sigon's 20%) and much better kick damage.

Another thought that occurred to me today is that normal Ancients at clvl 20 => 21 means that you could find yourself doing cows for xp at 21, which is certainly in range (they are, iirc, 28) and should be good xp (if you can kill 'em fast) until clvl 34 at the very least. Anna is now 26 and I'm about to go see how much xp/time she gets in MooMoo vs., say, Shenk & co.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Crystalion - 10-09-2003, 09:57 PM