Does anyone here still use my DSF Glossary website?
Greetings to all my 'old' Diablo friends. :)

Although I haven't been motivated enough to post on the LL for a couple of years, in the best traditions of the Lounge, I have continued to sporadically lurk here now & then, reading whatever threads catch my fancy at the moment.

On the rare occasion it occurs to me to check the DSF Glossary site, I notice that the page view count has risen slightly, but I have no idea if it's from visiters actually seeking Diablo info, or just random clicks, bots, or whatever.

Although I never developed the site to the extent I had once envisioned (& never upgraded the HTML code past its original extremely primitive state), there was no problem for me to just leave the site up & running as it was - until now. Due to an upcoming change in terms of service by my ISP, that web space will disappear, and I'm wondering if the site gets enough use to consider finding a new home for it (or at least parts of it) or if I should just let it quietly disappear.

I imagine the Links section is almost totally outdated. I wouldn't be surprised if only 10-20% or less of those links are still valid.

Still, I would think Soul Toucher's XP table & some of the other articles & essays might still be of use.

So, how about some feedback?

And, if there is some sentiment for keeping at least some of the info available, any suggestions on possible hosts? I have the impression most of the companies that once offered free web pages have disappeared. Are there still any around? Or does anyone know of any real cheap but reliable hosting companies to recommend?

Unfortunately, time is getting a little short before the web space disappears (partly because I just got back from spending a month in another state due to illness in my extended family & I had practically no internet access there). Of course, there is no reason there couldn't be a gap between when that site disappears and the info reappears elsewhere, if it works out that way.

Regards,

Dako-ta

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone here still use my DSF Glossary website? - by Dako-ta - 02-27-2010, 03:12 AM