In Need Of Some Diablo Ii Humor?
Artega,Feb 19 2003, 05:56 PM Wrote:And, for something totally unrelated, apparently there's ANOTHER new console coming out.  As if we didn't have enough of the damned things already.  Apparently called The Phantom (IMO, that's worse than Dreamcast for a name), it's made by some obscure company formed of verteran entrepeneurs.  My bet is that it'll fail even more rapidly than Microsoft's Xbox, but I guess we'll have to wait.  You can find information on it here, or at www.infiniumlabs.com.
I heard about the Phantom when PA did a comic on it. I'll drop in the link (it was HILARIOUS! BTW - Did anyone see Monday's PA? The facial expressions on Gabe still crack me up; there's another PA of recent note that I simply could NOT stop laughing about, namely the one where Gabe gets pissed about the lack of Mechassault content, and Tycho teases him; "Oh? Uh oh! Here comes the lip." God, how much I STILL laugh over that punchline). Personally, I viewed the site for all of 10 minutes, moved on, and never gave it a second thought. Just like I'll do with the system. It is, for all intents and purposes, bound to fail. I find that strangely saddening.

While I envision the day when MS finally loses the console race, it's disheartening to know that only Sony and Nintendo are left for the console race. I remember the days of Atari Jaguar, Panasonic Real 3DO, and the like. Revolutionary systems that, quite simply, did not catch on. Are we better off for it? Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I think we deprived ourselves of some damn good gaming. In the end, maybe it doesn't matter, but I have to wonder. Will it be the same with this? Time will tell...

PA Links:
Dude, Whoa (a.k.a. Phantom)
Discontent (a.k.a. The Lip)
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
In Need Of Some Diablo Ii Humor? - by Artega - 02-19-2003, 11:05 PM
In Need Of Some Diablo Ii Humor? - by Roland - 02-19-2003, 11:54 PM
In Need Of Some Diablo Ii Humor? - by NiteFox - 02-20-2003, 10:25 AM
In Need Of Some Diablo Ii Humor? - by Cybit - 02-20-2003, 04:19 PM
In Need Of Some Diablo Ii Humor? - by Mithrandir - 02-20-2003, 11:08 PM
In Need Of Some Diablo Ii Humor? - by Roland - 02-21-2003, 05:37 AM