Diablo III links today, DRM, real money AH, etc.
(08-02-2011, 02:26 PM)shoju Wrote: Is it just the fact that it is a real money ah for a game? Or is there something I'm missing?

My initial thought was "fools and their money.." However, as I think about it a little more I find I object to it for a couple reasons. First, I think it will put unwanted pressure on the economy and the supply of items. I might be wrong, but I want to believe that most people will not want to pay real money for in-game items. For us, the $AH will essentially remove items from the game for the benefit of folks with too much money and small epeens that need stroking. The most needed/wanted items will be quickly nabbed for game gold to be put up on the $AH by the new gold farmers. There will be an artificial inflation on any that do remain for regular players. The second reason is that it will feel like someone else is making real money off my game play. I worry that others that feel the same will feel pressured to put their finds up on the $AH even though don't want to be getting real money for playing. I would like to see the two, AH and $AH, be mutually exclusive so that any items posted to the AH be flagged as unallowed for posting to the $AH.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo III links today, DRM, real money AH, etc. - by LochnarITB - 08-02-2011, 03:18 PM