Diablo III links today, DRM, real money AH, etc.
The more I think about it, the more I think I'm okay with it.

There's the obvious:
- real money for items would happen anyway (see Diablo II). If I look at people I knew personally who played Diablo II with more than a passing interest, I knew more people who paid money for D2 items than who didn't.

And the less obvious:
- Loopholes, duping, hacks, etc... will have REAL CASH MONEY CONSEQUENCES for Blizzard. This means they'll have to QA the crap out of anything before release, or completely collapse the economy, and their % based AH profits.

There are downsides, but the first point means most of those downsides will exist with or without the Blizzard RM for items AH.
Let me approach the subject this way... did anyone really think the general community would not completely suck before this announcement?
No Way, I bet 100% of the readers of this forum expect the Diablo III general community to suck. Suck long and hard.
It's hard to say this will make the general Diablo III community suck more when it's already expected to be pretty close to the limit on how much possible suckage there can be.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo III links today, DRM, real money AH, etc. - by Concillian - 08-02-2011, 10:25 PM