Diablo III links today, DRM, real money AH, etc.
(08-02-2011, 06:26 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Items don't degrade in this game thus once they are generated they have the possibility of remaining in the system forever. Thus items that once had value will, eventually, have no value because the supply has just continued to rise over time. The real money AH could end up stiffling levels of deflationary values on high ticket items while also maintaining the perception that these items are actually findable (the other main way to stiffle deflation would just be to make drop rates insanely low to the point that most players will never see one drop realistically: Zod runes.)

There is another way to handle this, and that is the old ladder wipe (still in use in D2 today). Then the value of those items, as supply is again extremely rare, shoots back up at the beginning of a new ladder season. No idea if there are any such plans. It may not jive well with the 10 character limit.

For myself, I'm more than fine with having to be online to play as long if they can keep things as secure as they have in WoW. Duping sucks. I'm happy there's an auction house. If I don't like it, there's hardcore.

(08-02-2011, 10:25 PM)Concillian Wrote: It's hard to say this will make it suck more when it's already expected to be pretty close to the limit on how much possible suckage there can be.

Sales marketing from Concillian! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo III links today, DRM, real money AH, etc. - by vor_lord - 08-02-2011, 11:56 PM