Thoughts on how to improve the current system
(01-05-2012, 06:49 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Ignorance and anti-intellectualism have been part of the agenda for the GOP for a hot minute now. It's all part of the big plan to spread misinformation and keep the populace "dumbed down" so the status quo stays intact. I've said it many times - they are all racist, fascist, homophobic, xenophobic elitist hypocritical, douche bags. You should feel desperate and negative about the world when seeing them flap their gums, and knowing there is actually people out there gullible enough to vote for them:

I don't wish to be rude, but this is a lot of bark with no bite, or in other words, I'd like to see some unbiased links to your proof of concept that ALL GOP members are as you claim.

(01-05-2012, 06:49 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: they are puppets designed to protect the interest of the corporate elite that control the mass media and all other forms of public information, our education system, our culture, economy, and the hierarchy of society as well as how it is ran in general - all wrapped in a pretty package of attractive words and talking points like American Exceptionalism, war on terror, Democracy, and a quote or two from the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

The elite would have no power save for the Americans buying up all of "their" goods. So who's really to blame? Corporations are going to do whatever it takes to make money. If your going to blame anyone, blame the ignorance of your typical American, not The Man, not the person or institution out to make a buck. We, as voters, have options, have choice. Remember that 90's slogan, "Go Vote"? WE could reimage the world if we so choose. The issue is not THE MAN, but the majority of Americans don't give a f**k. If your goal is to get attention drawn to this fact, then I suggest your going about it the wrong way. Drawing conspiracy theories has never worked. Instead, tell the Americans how stupid they are for blindly voting based on "gut" intuition (like all my relatives do) instead of actually reading up on the contenders. Read up on the facts, support laws you like, vote down or sign ballots to get votes for bills supporting law you like. Americans have choice in this country... they just don't use the power they have. This control you allude to is nothing more than Americans blinding doing what they are told and fed through commercials, but nothing THEY cannot change. They are not being forced to live a certain lifestyle - this is how the country evolved based on the needs and especially WANTS of the majority, make no mistake. This country is what WE made it.

(01-05-2012, 06:49 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: For them, misinformation and propaganda rule over truth, respect for authority and patriotism over critical thinking and creativity (in education), inequality and apathy over equality and justice, and superstition/religion over rationality, science and ethics are the order of the day.

The only true thing I feel you've said. The reason Congress needs a shake-up.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on how to improve the current system - by Taem - 01-05-2012, 08:27 PM