Thoughts on how to improve the current system
(01-05-2012, 08:27 PM)Taem Wrote: The elite would have no power save for the Americans buying up all of "their" goods. So who's really to blame? Corporations are going to do whatever it takes to make money. If your going to blame anyone, blame the ignorance of your typical American, not The Man, not the person or institution out to make a buck. We, as voters, have options, have choice. Remember that 90's slogan, "Go Vote"? WE could reimage the world if we so choose. The issue is not THE MAN, but the majority of Americans don't give a f**k. If your goal is to get attention drawn to this fact, then I suggest your going about it the wrong way. Drawing conspiracy theories has never worked. Instead, tell the Americans how stupid they are for blindly voting based on "gut" intuition (like all my relatives do) instead of actually reading up on the contenders. Read up on the facts, support laws you like, vote down or sign ballots to get votes for bills supporting law you like. Americans have choice in this country... they just don't use the power they have. This control you allude to is nothing more than Americans blinding doing what they are told and fed through commercials, but nothing THEY cannot change. They are not being forced to live a certain lifestyle - this is how the country evolved based on the needs and especially WANTS of the majority, make no mistake. This country is what WE made it.

Hej Meat, well I agree with what FIT says. But let me rephrase it.

It looks you are living in a democracy, a free republic etc. Whereas actually there is not much difference with Iran, or China. Some powerful guys just give you bread and plays and in return they can enrich themselves. The difference with China and Iran is that your powerful guys are a lot smarter than then ones in China and Iran. They know they have to give you the feeling of being free and have choices.
Of course if you want you can vote for someone else but they know 95 % of the people is basically pretty stupid and wont do this.
The reason you are much richer than your counterparts in China and Iran is because the US can run and manipulate the world economy (at least up till now).
The being richer is great for you, you have good medical facilities, enough to eat etc. but not really free. A country (and I have said this before) that votes a person like GWBush twice is not a free country, it is a sick country. Let's hope Obama gets 4 more years to try and clean up the mess again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on how to improve the current system - by eppie - 01-06-2012, 08:39 AM