Audio Capture Software
Got a bit of a request to all the Lurkers. A friend of mine is looking for a recording software for capturing voice, i.e. singing, in order to make music. I'm completely oblivious to this sort of thing as I've never been musically inclined (although I'm a big fan of music). Her biggest requirement is that she must keep creative rights to her works - apparently some of the software out there take ownership over your rights because you used their software to create said works? Beyond that, the cheaper the better in terms of cost, although she'll want something that's easy to use and will do what she needs (I have no idea what other specific requirements she has, other than she wants to plug in her mic and record). I recommended Audacity to her (FOSS), as it seemed to me it would do what she needed, but again this is all gibberish to me. Oh, and she plays keyboards and drums, so if the software could work with them as well that would be great too.

What I know is that she has a basic Dell computer, a microphone and an adapter for connecting said mic to a generic audio port (3.5mm). It'd be great if she could find a software that would work with that, as she's not looking to build a rig just for music purposes (although I'm certainly capable of doing that much - hardware I understand. Smile) Anyway, I figured I'd throw this out there as we have such a diversity of people someone's bound to know something. Smile Appreciate any and all help!
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Audio Capture Software - by Roland - 12-13-2011, 06:15 PM
RE: Audio Capture Software - by DeeBye - 12-14-2011, 06:45 AM
RE: Audio Capture Software - by Nystul - 12-14-2011, 10:47 AM
RE: Audio Capture Software - by Roland - 12-14-2011, 02:23 PM
RE: Audio Capture Software - by RTM - 12-14-2011, 02:17 PM
RE: Audio Capture Software - by Concillian - 12-17-2011, 01:35 AM