Diablo 3 Beta First Impressions and a brief tirade on statistics
(02-04-2012, 11:05 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: One thing to note is that the difficulty of the beta is not at all indicative of the final game. In many of the discussions related to difficulty the devs have likened the beta to the first few open areas in D2 on normal. Those areas weren't difficult in any way either.

It's also of note that in D3 there will be an added difficulty level after Hell difficulty. How this all pans out into continued challenges for players is yet to be seen.

Many of the issues that arise when talking about difficulty and replayability won't be fully descernable until we see what they do with items.

I just thought I'd point out that if you want to smash through the beta with an unstoppable juggernaut, go barbarian with Cleave/Rend Smile

I wasn't complaining about the difficulty (or lack of) at all. I was just adding a first impression to a thread about Diablo 3 first impressions.

Here's another impression - I love the visual and sound feedback you get in D3 when you kill things. Dead things fly across the room leaving a trail of weapons/body parts. Dungeon paraphernalia explodes. My speakers emit a lovely tune of "SMASH BOOM BANG!"

It's very rewarding to kill stuff in Diablo 3.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo 3 Beta First Impressions and a brief tirade on statistics - by DeeBye - 02-05-2012, 05:07 AM