basic sorceress build
Quote:Unfortunately most guides are now on expansion D2. There's stil the AmazonBasin forum that has Classic D2 section iirc.
First off, thanks for replying. Like you say, most guides are for LoD, so they have some mercenary who solves all sorts of problems. I don't see a classic part on the Amazon Basin. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Quote:IMO, no. In D1 vitality is not super important. In D2 it's the reverse. And the way MS works in D2 compared to D1, I'd personally wouldn't rely on it too much. I don't recall if there was a bug in MS, but if you're referring to the way it works in D2, iirc it's working as intended.
Good to know.
Quote: I've had a classic D2 sorceress very similar to this once. And Firewall can be a chore to use sometimes. Monsters can be very fast, and you usually have to cast it in a certain way (perpendicular, then get them to follow the 'line' instead of just crossing it). FBall or even Blaze might be more efficient. Unless you reeeaaaaly enjoy using Fwall. (I found it tedious after a while.)

Frozen Orb is popular for a good reason. Even with just one point in Cold Mastery it's serviceable. CL will probably need some mastery boosting to increase it's damage.
So I'm having problems here. I just entered Hell difficulty, and as you say, Lvl 20 Frozen Orb + one point in mastery works fine for non-immunes (at least so far). But the cold immunes are killing me. I have something like lvl 17 Chain Lightening and a couple of points in Lightening Mastery, and one of those yeti like creatures takes forever to kill. Cold immune bosses, forget about it.
I will have to respec, and the only think I can do is take the 8 or so points I put into the fire tree out and put into lightening. Is that right? Am I missing something? If this is required, is there a calculator somewhere that will tell me when it's worth putting a point into Chain Lightening vs Lightening Mastery vs Lightening (because of the synergy)? I guess the same goes for Frozen Orb vs. Cold Mastery.
Quote: Yep. Don't overlook some cube recipes that still applies to D2 classic as well.
The only useful cube recipe I've found is the prismatic amulet. Anything else worth using?
Quote:I've tried this many a times. And I'd personally say, don't bother. At least not with a sorceress in Classic. Drinking mana juice (that iirc is now sold in stores) is much quicker. Go for it if you really want to, or love the black look. But don't expect a mutant healing factor or super fast mana regen just by skulled clothing.
Good to know. I probably don't have the option anyway, since I need all the help I can in getting resists.

Messages In This Thread
basic sorceress build - by weakwarrior - 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: basic sorceress build - by Hammerskjold - 03-03-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: basic sorceress build - by weakwarrior - 03-03-2012, 08:27 PM
RE: basic sorceress build - by Hammerskjold - 03-03-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: basic sorceress build - by MonTy - 04-18-2012, 12:43 AM
RE: basic sorceress build - by weakwarrior - 04-18-2012, 01:50 AM