Single Player vs. Multi - any storyline differences?
(03-27-2012, 08:55 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 03:56 AM)swirly Wrote: I do wonder if they won't add a single player button though. Kind of like how they added the one in SC2.

As far as I know, Private Game *is* the singleplayer option, if you don't invite anyone else or give out the name/password to it.
Games do not have 'names' or passwords. You can join a public game getting a choice of which quest arc you wish to join and will then be thrown into a public game with whoever is doing the same stuff. Or you can start your own private game. Depending on your social settings, you could allow others on your friends list to join such a game. Or you can join the game that someone on your friends list that is already in a game by asking them to invite you in.

At no point have I found anything comparable to the named games with passwords that was in D2. This meant a build ago when my friends list was wiped and I could not send or receive a battletag friend invite, playing with others like Sabra was completely off the grid for play options.

Edit: do not expect any single player offline mode of this game. They are putting players money on the block with some of these features of D3 and the only way to keep the exploits out the picture is if some parts of critical code and functionality is only on the game servers and not on the players computer where it could examined and reverse engineered to create hacks and such.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Single Player vs. Multi - any storyline differences? - by Ruvanal - 03-27-2012, 09:42 PM