Arizona Bill Could Criminalize Trolling
(04-04-2012, 03:46 PM)Tal Wrote: Article

My first thoughts on the bill are that it is overly vague. Secondly it looks like it will be a nightmare to prove intent. What do the Lurkers think?
I think the internet is a new medium that doesn't have a very good legal framework, hence issue with copyrights, plagiarism, bullying, etc. We know what those things look like in the *real* world, but the existing laws fall short when applied to the virtual world. I think there does need to be some level of regulation of content to protect privacy, and especially for minors. Existing laws (copyrights, slander, threats, etc. ) where insufficient should be amended to account for new technologies.

But, I don't think our nanny state needs to go so far as to protect peoples "feelings". Nor should the law impose its interpretation on what is obscene, lewd, or lascivious -- and whether the participants are "into that sort of thing". I don't understand "sexting", but it's none of my concern what other people do with their iphones. Now, maybe randomly sending naked pictures of yourself to strangers is akin to public nudity ordinences, etc. I am frequently annoyed by e-mails I get, but I kind of view that as my problem more than my bosses.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Arizona Bill Could Criminalize Trolling - by Tal - 04-04-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Arizona Bill Could Criminalize Trolling - by kandrathe - 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM