The Auction House III: Evil is Back
(06-06-2012, 03:41 PM)BellaStrega Wrote: In the post today about patch 1.0.3 they said something like:

Quote:As previously mentioned, we’re going to be reviewing Legendary items in a future patch. Legendaries won’t change in 1.0.3, but it’s still something we’re actively working on. When we’re done, high level Legendaries should be flat out better than blue items, they’ll carry a good amount of power with them, and they should also be distinctive or memorable in the benefits they provide. We’ll be able to share more information on the specific changes we’re making after 1.0.3 launches.

That's not saying anything, though. Legendaries by their very nature are better than Blues. Magic items cap at 2 affixes, which can mean at most 3 stats (2x +main stat, and another stat like Socketed). Legendaries have a set of fixed stats, and an additional 2-3 (4?) random stats affixed to them. In essence, they're there to add flavor, and be a bridge between Magic and Rare items. Granted, I'm not arguing they don't need a little boost here and there, but it's rather silly to say "They should be better than blues" when that's already the case, strictly speaking.

It's worth noting that there are some worthwhile Legendaries (String of Ears, Stormshield), but frankly I don't look forward to everyone being decked out in all the same gear (whether it's Sets or Legendaries), anymore than I do people using all the same skills.
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Roland - 06-06-2012, 04:59 PM