First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too)
I have found Smoke Screen/Vault an interesting combo. Using Acrobatics, Vault uses no Discipline, saving it all for Smoke Screen. Use Smoke Screen in situations like Jailer and Frozen, then Vault for Vortex or Waller enemies. Odds are, every Elite group will provide situations where each is more beneficial. Since doing this, I have always had enough Discipline for Smoke Screen. That said, every time I have died with this strategy, it was when using Vault. The delay at the start and end, along with the lack of invulnerability during the animation, make it absurdly risky for what should be a `crap, get me out of here' button. I find it works most of the time, but around 25% of Elite groups have something that makes Vault a bad idea (either an attribute or a natural ability).

Most players hate Vault because it is poorly balanced and can fail to serve its only purpose, thereby preferring the reliability of Smoke Screen/Preparation to do the same thing without any risk.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too) - by Elric of Grans - 06-13-2012, 03:42 AM