Followers -- what am I missing?
(06-11-2012, 03:25 PM)WimpySmurf Wrote: Now, when they stand in plague/descration/molten on a vampiric boss that's when it's nice for them to just stay dead.
::nod:: I have to run around and wait for the companion to die before I burn down the boss. I would like just a little control over resurrection, or being able to park them out of combat if needed.

My hardest to kill mob with my barb so far was a gold hard hitting knockback champ in Act III (Sin tunnels) who was vampiric teleporter, and it was surrounded by a blue champ pack of those bloated goat shaman who run away, cast fire balls, heal and shield other mobs.

The boss would heal about 10% of it's life per hit on me... When I got it cut out of the herd, we could stand toe to toe with me doing as much damage as it was healing (and me dying). Finally, I just ran around a circle (with a handy healing well) avoiding being hit until my specials finished cool down, then I'd burn wrath of the beserker (insanity), and earthquake(mtn's call) at the same time and I'd get it down another 20-30% of it's life --- rinse repeat once per 1.5 minutes until it died. It took about 20 to 30 minutes -- ya, I'm stubborn. Sometime after this I saved up some more money to make an AH run to bring my DPS up a notch.

But, this is why I play softcore. It killed me twice before I found a strategy for beating it -- and it felt soooo good to beat it.

On the plus side for the follower, had I wanted to just run around for an hour I'm sure the enchantress chasing behind us would have killed the mob eventually.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Followers -- what am I missing? - by vor_lord - 06-11-2012, 02:53 PM
RE: Followers -- what am I missing? - by Dozer - 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: Followers -- what am I missing? - by kandrathe - 06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
RE: Followers -- what am I missing? - by vor_lord - 06-11-2012, 11:32 PM
RE: Followers -- what am I missing? - by swirly - 06-12-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Followers -- what am I missing? - by MMAgCh - 06-14-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: Followers -- what am I missing? - by Mavfin - 06-14-2012, 07:51 PM