Devil in the Details Podcast - Episode 10
(06-26-2012, 03:57 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: I agree with Frag: if you are one-shotted by Arcane Sentry, your gear is wrong.

Technically I wouldn't say I ever get one-shotted by Arcane Sentry. But for all intents and purposes it's equivalent. From my experience the way Arcane Sentry deals damage is that for every set of degrees the beam travels around the circle it checks if you are in contact and hits you with damage. What this means is that if you are standing still at the edge of the beam you might take 1 or 2 hits from it before it passes over you. If, however, you are standing directly on the origin point of the Sentry you will take many multiple hits essentially instantaneously. This isn't necessarily an issue in Act 1 Inferno when a tick of Arcane Sentry does 2.5k damage a hit. I can stand at the center (If I so desired) for a few seconds without going splat. In Act 3, when a tick from Arcane Sentry does 12-15k damage it's not feasible. Then you factor in other abilities like Waller, which we discussed can and will lock you in place for long periods, or Vortex which I also mentioned mobs tend to like to combo with Sentry and you can have what ends up being an instant kill scenario.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devil in the Details Podcast - Episode 10 - by Chesspiece_face - 06-26-2012, 04:34 AM