Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(07-16-2012, 04:42 PM)shoju Wrote: I quit playing June 28th, 1:15 am EST.

Yuri gave me a port to Shat, and I flew off to my little island in Nagrand, and logged for the last time. My game time expired on the 29th, at 5pm.

I had played for a long time because, and for, the guild. <Lurkers> were the only thing that kept me playing the game through the majority of cataclysm. I didn't agree with a lot of decisions Blizz made, and I knew when 4.1 dropped, that my days in the game were numbered. I had tried to reconcile myself with the massive changes to the paladin through the beta, and then live in 4.0, all the way to 4.1.

Days after 4.1 dropped, I main changed to my Death Knight, and I knew that was the end. I had lost access to my titles, and my achieves, and my mounts, and my pets, and my tabards, and all the gear that I had been kicking around in the bank for fun days.

Even with 5.0 opening the doors to most of those things, I'm just not interested in the game, and I'm not so sure that I would have felt any different after main changing if they would have been available. The main change, was really the first nail in the coffin (despite loving my death knight), Firelands, Dragon Soul, Loot tables, Nerfing Content, Pandas, Pokewow, and more were the others. I couldn't actually tell you what the final nail is/was.

I miss getting online wednesday nights and raiding with my friends, but I'm not interested in coming back. I figure soon enough, I should be able to log on to mumble and not feel that urge to play, and I can just chat.

Diablo 3 isn't my type of game. I don't hate it, or have some pent up vitriol about it, It just isn't my thing. I'm glad that some people like it, and that you are looking forward to it. For me, I'm enjoying other things that I haven't in a while, and getting ready to dive head first into a game design of my own.

yes i am or was in the lurkers guild as well, and i have to agree pokiewow does seem to be the last straw for me i cant see why they would go that route, as do i miss the raidng with friends but seem wow has gotten more and more elitus prickus in some extent, i was in a guild on darkspear during my pvp stint when i first came to wow back when the original was just coming out beta and having the beta played, i can honestly say that best part of wow was pre wrath and pre nerfing of the occy non raid instant, it was far too easy when i did on my dk very first time{when we got it during the launch} running it i thought what all the problem with occy, was that people wanted to be able to show there "skills" and be able do what they knew to do , but low and behold that wasnt in the cards blizzard turned around and said hey guys we know you just want to pew pew thru all this content we gave you and not try nothing new but bear with us...

and of course everyone said no we don't want try nothing new just give it to us on silver plate...

i dont know what the next game witll be for me as i said diablo 3 isn't a mmo{ i am glad its not be more crying then anyone can bear}

but i loved wow but this next expac i will not be apart of its just holding nothing there for me 3 expacs and i am done just like in ffxionline. i dont know if there will be another game like wow or ffxi that will grab my attention and surrender my creditcard info to play, but we shall see
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by Wiccan - 07-16-2012, 09:32 PM