Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(07-20-2012, 07:31 PM)shoju Wrote: Well, I for one hated the vehicles. Hate isn't a strong enough word to voice my displeasure with the idea. I hated it less in Ulduar, because it was back to being 2d controls, but the drakes in Oculus, EoE, and then the 3d on Al'Akir, can all die a horrid grisly death in the fires of Mordor. But all in all, I didn't play WoW so that I could play some dragon or tank with 4 abilities. That just isn't my idea of a good time, even as a "side bar" used only a few times.

Then, there was the problem that people couldn't stay together in a PuG, which was only exacerbated by the RDF tool, and the level of brain deadness that it brought to dungeoning.

I ran that place on 7 80's during wotlk, and once I made a few macros to direct people, it went great. The problem for me, really was the using the dragons to attack. Not fun.

But then, if you look around long enough, you could find my laundry list of things that I didn't find fun.

while i agree that they did go "little"{imagine here doing air quotes with the sarcasm of voice charlie sheen} overboard with the vehicles and not really have a way to guide people in Occy and trying to keep yourself from dying on the finally fight against maly that one fight i loved but also wanted to rip my screen off my desk and throw it out the window, due when you try to stay together you can become disoriented by the place, i mean yes its easy to move up around but the 360 degrees and trying to keep with the group while you finish him off there always that optical effect that your closer to other raiders on those drakes then you realize when it showing you further away then you actually are.

what i like to see if they ever try to do a vehicle raid is let us actually fight like how they did it on deathwing back now that was fun i loved that raid mechanic.

and yeah i also agree it was repetitive on the attack skill sets for the vehicles, maybe when they finally launch that new MMO project that tigole went to work on, that may be what brings me back to the mmo scene someday
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by Wiccan - 07-23-2012, 11:02 PM