Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(08-14-2012, 08:22 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 12:16 AM)shoju Wrote: They were in one of the RTS games as well. There was a unit called the brewmaster. That, has very little in common with the cutesified version that ended up as the race in Pandaren.
You are done. I get it. Why you gotta be hatin'?

Because, I was posting in a thread about the reasons that I, and the OP are done with WoW?

Why is it, that when I list all of my reasons why I am done with the game, the ONE that draws the most ire, is that I don't like the Pandaren, and I think they look like they belong on Nickelodeon?

Quote:WOW fleshed out many aspects of the Warcraft III RTS experience -- they brought in artists -- story crafters to develop lore -- sewed it into the Warcraft universe. It's a friggin' game, not an Ode to Charlemagne. The RTS was also semi-comic (try poking the mobs) -- I don't think they've strayed too far from the genre of the RTS.
I've NEVER played the RTS's. But, when I realized that they were really adding this Panda race to the game, I did my research.

Quote:Actually, as a game -- I'm really amazed by it's longevity, complexity and flexibility. How many characters are there in WOW? How many players worldwide? About 10 million, down a couple million from their peak. Are they hurting? No. Since the launch of DIII they've hit 10 million players on DIII -- and that is a game with much more limited replayability. With MOP, a whole new group of players will get hooked -- who knows how big -- who knows for how long.

You are right, though I've never begrudged anyone for staying in the game, or continuing to play, and I've never said that Blizzard is going to fail. I have simply said: "I quit, here is why they aren't getting my money anymore."

And then, in a thread that is about the very fact that people have quit the game, I have expounded upon my opinions.

Quote:So... you don't like cute -- I imagine for every one of you, there are 10,000 teen aged "Hello Kitty" girls in Asia who'd love to play a cuddly Pandaren. There are evil and sinister parts of this game too, where we can go and feel like men. The market is broader than yours or my tastes. If you can't tolerate the cuteness hanging around the auction house, then you did the right thing.

Can we be done with the sour grapes now?

If you are expecting people to not have some sour grapes, I think you are in the wrong thread. My unhappiness with WoW has been confined to TWO Threads.

One: What would you do to make WoW better Oh look, it's a thread YOU started. Where was the bitterness at my post there? I posted far more in depth, and scathing points there, but yet you don't lift an angry finger at that post. In fact, your response were fairly reasonable for conversation.

Two: This Thread: I again, post my opinions about the game, and my unhappiness with multiple things. It isn't until I go on to re-affirm that even though the pandas have a rich history in the game, that doesn't make me dislike them any less, that you decide to descend upon my posts.

YOU ARE IN A THREAD THAT IS ABOUT PEOPLE QUITTING THE GAME.
It is clearly marked as such. If you came here, expecting us to not have some "sour grapes" You came to the wrong thread. I know that in the Diablo boards there has been much talk about not posting about what you don't like about the game, but I would say that since this is the second thread in recent memory to deal publicly with unhappiness towards blizzard/Warcraft (and it is clearly labeled as such), We might still be ok down here with airing our unhapiness in a thread that is clearly marked.

I haven't told you that you silly, or wrong, or dumb for still playing the game. I haven't complained about other's enjoying the game, or degrading their "right" to enjoy the game. I have simply posted, and responded to posts that quoted my post.

I hope that people continue to play if it makes them happy. It no longer made me happy. I no longer enjoyed it, and I picked a stopping point, and got out.

Bolty can feel free to correct me, and if he says that we can't have this discussion in this thread, I wont. But I think I'm in the clear here with airing my unhappiness about the style of model that they chose for the game.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by shoju - 08-15-2012, 04:29 PM