Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(08-15-2012, 04:29 PM)shoju Wrote: I know that in the Diablo boards there has been much talk about not posting about what you don't like about the game...

To expand on that (and this is my opinion Shoju may or may not share it, I just feel the need to expand), it was because there were some people that were posting in nearly every thread about D3 saying OMG DUMB GAME SUXXORS YOU JUST FANBOI TO LIKE! Of course they tended to use more words, but that was what most of the posts they made boiled down to, and there was no discussion after awhile. Posts that had good criticism or points, and were generating valuable discussion, ended up with the above showing up. That is why it became an issue on the D3 boards, the pervasiveness and the fact that it was driving people from the boards or from posting. Discussion from people who did enjoy the game and were wanting to explore aspects of it, kept getting annoyed by people that were basically saying you're dumb and a blind fanboy oh and you're dumb and you're stupid oh and this game is awful and you're a fanboy and this game sucks and you're dumb and oh by the way did I mention this game sucks, hey you over there, did you know this game sucks.

I'm fully in agreement with you here, this is a single thread, you are topical, you aren't jumping into every WoW thread and saying OMG FANBOI DUMMY LIKE PANDA. HAHA IDOIT NEWB! (with more words of course because you have a grasp of the English language).

I just wanted to point out the huge degree of difference in what was happening in the various sub forums.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by Kevin - 08-15-2012, 06:36 PM