Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(08-16-2012, 04:53 PM)shoju Wrote: I started playing WoW because I saw the Black Temple trailer video at Kaine's house. I WANTED TO KILL HIM. I wanted to kill Arthas. I wanted to kill DW (more so than most people). I wanted, craved, and desired that... "big bad guy".

Sometimes I think I am the only one, but I keep looking at MoP and thinking it was the perfect decision. We've had escalating bad guys for a long long time. Infernals raining from the sky and Black Temple. Then they had to go bigger than that and so they brought out the Lich King and the scourge. Then hey had to beat that so they brought out Deathwing who destroyed the world. It's the age old problem of having to go bigger each time. It just gets old and silly after a while.

So I love that MoP is like them realizing that they needed to get off that treadmill. It was time to stop going bigger each time and to sidestep instead. I'd say I'm more interested in seeing the new Panda areas and stuff than I have been for anything from previous expansions just because all the previous ones always seemed like more of the same to me. I suspect this one will too eventually, but at least for now it feels different and I am very much cherishing that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by swirly - 08-16-2012, 08:02 PM