Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
I've quit and returned to the game a few times now, and my reasons for quitting have ranged from real-life related events to being burned out so bad that I outright hated the game and the thought of even playing it. After a few months I get a hankering to visit familiar locations and see familiar faces, and I resubscribe. The game is old and we've all played it a lot, so it's no wonder that there is an ebb and flow to our desires to play. If I may be so bold, I am going to go out on a limb here and predict that Shoju will be back eventually. Smile

I have also come to realize that I personally have changed over the course of the game. My life is in a different spot now- I just can't be the hardcore player I once was, and to that end, a lot of the new stuff in MoP is right up my alley. A lot of the time now, I just want to sit down and the computer and play something fun for an hour. I quit Cataclysm mainly because of the lack of stuff to do outside of raiding & dungeons, so the large amount of top-end "casual" stuff is great:

-I was never into Pokemon but I do enjoy collecting pets, so I'm down for checking out the pet battles.
-The fact that pets and mounts are account-wide is going to do more for my altitis than the entirety of the 1-60 content overhaul from Cataclysm.
-Harvest Moon? Loved it, looking forward to trying out the new farming game.
-Dailies are kinda meh (got burned out on the Firelands ones pretty quick) but with the new random ones they should stay fresh longer.
-Rep rewards other than gear that is obsolete after the first major content patch will also help with my motivation to grind rep.
-I like that dungeons are reverting to the end-of-WotLK-style easier modes. I enjoy a good 2-hour dungeon slog every now and again but sometimes I want my gear handed to me on a silver platter. Smile
-The Black Market AH is pretty much the greatest thing ever.
-Shadowstep across all rogue specs!!!!!! Scratch the above statement, THIS is the greatest thing ever.

WoW has a lot of content and even more history. It's gotta be tough to keep existing customers happy while at the same trying to attract new ones, and there are bound to be casualties.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by RTM - 08-17-2012, 12:47 AM