Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey
(08-17-2012, 02:17 AM)shoju Wrote: I wish that you (*Kandrathe) were ok with me having a different opinion than you about it.
Don't misunderstand. I am fine about it. This analysis is worthwhile, and everyone and everything worthwhile deserves an honest critique. You've provided an honest critique of this game, but I feel you don't need to justify your actions and decisions. I'm grateful that you have shared this.

My interest is/was in what is critique and what is justification. I come at it from a different direction ("how can it be improved") rather than focusing on the negative aspect.

I'm truly more interested in the psychology, (my 2nd degree and possible interest for a masters if I were to pursue it.) I've been a gamer for 40 years, and software developer for 30 years. My first *real* job was developing educational software that incorporated gaming as motivation for achieving learning objectives (.e.g. math blasters, Oregon trail, etc.). My interest in the topic is in line with http://realityisbroken.org/

I've owned and try to keep up with every major popular game. Most of them I've set aside, and return to depending on various factors, including "what are my friends playing?" Some of my main gaming buddies are off fighting the Taliban, so our opportunities to have "LAN parties" are more limited.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well... I did it, i quit wow cold turkey - by kandrathe - 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM