Torchlight II Live!
(04-07-2013, 03:55 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: People are free to choose something else and vote with their dollar.

And that's what I'm saying people should have done all along.

(This isn't personally aimed at you, Hammerskjold, so please don't be personally offended at it.)

What pisses me off aren't the people who didn't buy the game because it was always-online. They acted properly, I think. Don't like always-online, don't open your wallet. Done. (If I'm not mistaken, you took this path? If so, kudos to you. As you say, YMMV. I have my opinion, you have yours.) Buy Torchlight II. It has offline play, and is as close as you can get to D3 w/o being it, although it still falls short in some ways, too. I bought it and don't regret it. I played it through Act I, and haven't gone back yet, but, it was worth $20, and I'll finish it sometime when I get bored of D3 and the other stuff I'm playing.

No, the ones that piss me off are the people who knew damned good and well that it was always online, bought the game, and then had a full-on hissy fit, signed petitions, posted that making an always-online game should have a law against it, etc. Too late, you already voted with your wallet the wrong way. This isn't an MMO where you pay a sub. You done paid your money and made your vote (as far as Blizzard is concerned) for always-online games.

Now, if you're somewhere in the middle, bought the game knowing it was always online, and then decided you don't like it...fine. Say so, and be done with it.

Just please don't act like Blizzard ripped you off or concealed anything about always online. Stand up and say "I made a choice I regret." Fine. Happens to all of us. I caved in and bought GW2. Ugh. That's a few hours of my life and a few bucks I'll never get back. But I don't post and say Arenanet ripped me off like some (again, not you personally, Hammerskjold) love to say about Blizzard and D3.

As far as RMAH, that's merely my subjective opinion, same subjectivity as yours, no offense meant at all if you think differently. But, as with always-online, I wish people wouldn't try to claim they got ripped off somehow, when they knew it was coming, too.

Where in talking about the game did people start equating "I don't like always online/RMAH" with "Blizzard stole my money with <feature we knew about LONG before launch!>" That's my whole pet peeve in the conversation.

And I'm not trying to convince anyone to like or hate D3. I'm presenting my opinions. I stopped trying to convince people of anything years ago. Blizzard once said only about 10% of D2(X) players ever made it to Hell. If that's true, then 10 months after launch, 3 million unique users each month (25% of 12 million sales) isn't really a 'failure' at all, as some love to parrot. Are there issues? Sure, there are. Did D2 have issues its first year? Yes. Did they fix them over time, and make D2 what it ended up to be? Yes. It could happen again. Or it might not. But, none of us here know how that will turn out, or have *facts* on what will happen. Only opinions.
--Mav

Messages In This Thread
Torchlight II Live! - by Bolty - 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Bolty - 09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by LochnarITB - 09-20-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by LochnarITB - 04-03-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Mavfin - 04-07-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-07-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Mavfin - 04-07-2013, 05:41 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-07-2013, 09:10 AM