Torchlight II Live!
(04-07-2013, 05:41 AM)Mavfin Wrote: No, the ones that piss me off are the people who knew damned good and well that it was always online, bought the game, and then had a full-on hissy fit, signed petitions, posted that making an always-online game should have a law against it, etc. Too late, you already voted with your wallet the wrong way. This isn't an MMO where you pay a sub. You done paid your money and made your vote (as far as Blizzard is concerned) for always-online games.

Exactumundo to the power of 11. I could not agree more.

I understand how and why some folks are upset, I really do. I have a soft spot for Old Bliz\Condor that made D1, Starcraft1, and Warcraft 2.

What a hell of a trifecta, IMO those 3 games cemented their cred as a powerhouse developer.

But at the end of the day, it's a company. And if they don't owe anyone a thing, then I don't owe them a thing either.

Like and agree with how a company make and run their games, support them with your dollars. If you don't, shut that wallet.

At the end of the day, that's the language most companies understand best.

Quote:Blizzard once said only about 10% of D2(X) players ever made it to Hell.

Just going anecdotally I can somewhat believe that. My brother in-law finished Nightmare mode, tried out Hell mode, decided he got as much enjoyment he could out of the game, then sold his copy to his co-worker. (That's not a failure in my books, since he bought both games during first week release so bliz got their share anyway.)

Out of my circle of friends, I've probably played D2\D2X the most, long after everyone else has 'moved on'.

That's not boasting, that's me saying I know I'm in the minority in modern gamers playing pattern.

Quote: But, none of us here know how that will turn out, or have *facts* on what will happen. Only opinions.

Well, looking over the facts I do have at the moment, my opinion is it doesn't look like bliz will change their stance on the PC version at this time. I'll ignore the barely disguised goldfarming site that says otherwise for now. Tongue

Just going by a Kotaku link,
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/03/the-con...-best-one/

Quote:So I asked the designers: now that fans can look at the PS3 and see that yes, Diablo III can be an offline game, will we ever see an offline mode added to the PC version of the game?

“It’s one of those difficult decisions we had to make,” said Mosqueira. “Right now there’s no plans. Some of the reasoning behind it is, the PC and console ecosystems are very different.”

Blizzard and Sony both did some research and found that many PS3s are never connected to the Internet, he said. “So we figured the best way to offer that Diablo experience was to let players play offline.”

I think that's somewhat disingenuous with the 'ecosystems are very different' bit. I understand it's their job on the line, and they were being diplomatic about it.

But I'm not exactly buying the reasons they offered so far on why offline is ok for console, but not on PC (dangling clause: 'at this time') because of 'ecosystem difference'. It's dodging the question. It's artful dodging, I give it 9.9\10 for near flawless delivery, but it's still dodging.

Not that it matters much in the long run, if I were to buy D3 for PS3 it would be a used copy anyway. And a used or heavily discounted PS3 system since everyone wants a PS4 instead.
Should sony or bliz decide 'used games' is just as bad\worse than piracy, well there goes another of my 60$ saved I guess.

Messages In This Thread
Torchlight II Live! - by Bolty - 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Bolty - 09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by LochnarITB - 09-20-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by LochnarITB - 04-03-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Mavfin - 04-07-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-07-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Mavfin - 04-07-2013, 05:41 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Hammerskjold - 04-07-2013, 09:10 AM
RE: Torchlight II Live! - by Mavfin - 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM