Fond Memories of being in <Lurkers>
Hehehehehehehe.

I remember, when we were working on Vashj, we got her down to 1% and Jenjan was the only one left alive. He held his own remarkably well, but it was not to be.

I remember both Skky and I playing with Tris' guild note. She put "Where Eeyore dwells," and I put "Tris(te)." He changed it back whenever he noticed.

I remember Jester walking backwards off the platform edge duringthe frost/nature boss fight in SSC.

Back when I first joined Lurkers, I was looking through people's guild notes to figure out who everybody was, and I accidentally invited one of Treesh's characters to join a group. She declined, and I said in guild chat "Sorry, wrong button," and that was the end of it, but I was so scared that I'd annoyed her or that she thought I was some kind of brat, that I didn't talk to her again for weeks. You guys were intimidating. Wink

I remember when we first got the GB, and Jester named all of the tabs bizarre things like "The Spanner" and "Tab for Pants."

I remember when we were working on the LK fight, and there was a huge pile of skeletons from where we kept wiping during the first phase, and so the GMotD got changed to something like "The Lich King considers your corpse part of his interior decorating." There have been a million silly messages like that, but I remember this one because it was inspired by something I'd said, and I was all secretly thrilled that I'd managed to say something GMotD-worthy.

I remember Kira getting it in her head one day that we should call Vinnie, since we lived in the same city and his work phone number was available online. Unfortunately, we didn't know his full first name, just "Mo," so she wound up finding the wrong guy. Luckily, I was able to talk her out of actually calling him.

Speaking of Kira being a bit wonky, I remember one time she made some sort of comment to me about how Swirly was flirting with me (when she didn't know him well enough to know that he does that with every female player he knows). I replied sarcastically "Oh, yeah, I totally have a crush on Swirly," but she didn't realize I was being sarcastic, and she freaked out, thinking she was going to have to put together some kind of intervention to save my relationship with Jester. Swirly remembers this story as the time I told Kira that I love Swirly.

I remember almost every single random I did in WotLK was either Halls of Lightning or Halls of Reflection, to the point where a couple guild members said things like "I could run a halls of, sure," instead of using the term random.

Lastly, there are four items that I've always carried with me in my bags, which I received from guildmates. I keep them around because they make me happy. They are as follows:

Black Coffee, which Jester sent me not long after the launch of TBC, just because I like coffee. Blay was maybe 45 at the time, so I couldn't drink it, and then once I hit 65, I just never got around to it. Its warning label says it's still hot, though, so I figure it's ok.
Nubless Pacifier, also from Jester. It dropped in AV, and he thought it was funny and basically sent it to me as a "lolwtf" thing. He may have been drinking. I kept it, since it makes me giggle.
A Steamy Romance Novel: Forbidden Love was apparently pickpocketed in droves by Mistake, and when Treesh mentioned it in guild chat and I laughed, she sent me a copy. It's about an undead rogue and her human paladin lover meeting in the Deeprun Tram tunnels. It's horrible and awesome, I still reread it every now and then.
Gordok Ogre Suit was sent to me by Xarhud when he was working on his Insane title. Good lord, he spent so much time in Dire Maul. The flavour text of this just kills me.

Messages In This Thread
Fond Memories of being in <Lurkers> - by shoju - 10-19-2012, 09:07 PM
RE: Fond Memories of being in <Lurkers> - by Tal - 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
RE: Fond Memories of being in <Lurkers> - by Tal - 10-24-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Fond Memories of being in <Lurkers> - by Zyn - 10-24-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: Fond Memories of being in <Lurkers> - by Tal - 10-24-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Fond Memories of being in <Lurkers> - by Janita - 10-24-2012, 08:15 PM