Someone convince me to buy Windows 8
(11-21-2012, 04:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 03:23 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Welp I decided to buy and download the 32-bit version of Win 8 because it is cheap. I'll let you know how that goes.

So I finally blocked out enough time to backup personal files to an external hard drive and installed Win 8. It went incredibly smoothly -- much more smoothly than any other Windows install I have ever done. I was prepared with backups of all my device and motherboard drivers, but I never had to use them. Windows 8 had all important drivers (up to date ones) working right away without any interaction by me.

Windows 8 seems a bit zippier on my machine than my old XP install. The new replacement for the Start Menu is a bit awkward at first, but I can tell that it will be easy to get used to.

I really have no major complaints about Windows 8 so far.

When you say Replacement for the Start Menu, are you talking the boxy tiled display? In some of the commercials, I saw that you can minimize or close that, and it leads to a standard desktop style look, that has me sort of interested, I think my kids would engage with that better than they do the windows 7 start menu
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
Someone convince me to buy Windows 8 - by DeeBye - 11-01-2012, 04:15 AM
RE: Someone convince me to buy Windows 8 - by shoju - 11-21-2012, 02:36 PM