global warming, not what the media says
(12-20-2012, 08:00 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 11:20 AM)eppie Wrote: Further no statements about the cause of the increased melting are mentioned in this article so I am sure it is not taken into account in the eb of science survey I linked to.
I think we all can agree some affects are due to radiative forcing from human activities.

What is uncertain to me are the negative feedback controls built into the natural model. For example; a warmer atmosphere will hold more water vapor, and thus will have more cloud cover reflecting radiation resulting in a cooling affect that condenses the water vapor. And, higher CO2, rainfall (in some areas), and tropical temperatures (in some areas) will foster rapid plant growth and re-sequester the carbon eventually. But, will that be expansive oceans of algae blooms with gazillions of happy jelly fish, and nary a bony fish to be found?

The water cycle is of course different than the CO2 cycle. Water is present as liquid in almost infinite amounts and warmer air can contain more water (which also absorbs heat by the way).
The CO2 cycle involves chemical reactions. So CO2 in air being converted in non warming matter (oil or coal) takes a tremendous amount of time....most CO2 is converted to biomass which rots and expels CO2 and CH4, only a small part actually is converted into oil and coal.

I actually think that researchers take feedback loop into account. We might not know exactly how they work, but we try to estimate them as good as we can.

Messages In This Thread
RE: global warming, not what the media says - by eppie - 12-21-2012, 12:20 PM