Well it only takes 8 months, but pvp will be coming...
A friend of mine, whose main is also a Wizard, played public 1.07 beta patch and dueled against a variety of opponents. The consensus so far seems to be that WD is the strongest PvP class (their spiders supposedly do huge dmg and there seems to be no skill to slow them down at all), and Barb the weakest. Archon Wing will be pleased to hear that Monk seems to be one of the better classes to duel with as well - very mobile with the ability to reach opponents quickly and beat their brains in Tongue

As for Wizard, they appear to be somewhere in the middle, but somewhat difficult to use. My friend said they are quite fragile, and you have to get really creative if you are facing a strong and fast opponent, especially one who knows what they are doing. Lightning damage seems to be the most effective in terms of overall output (yep, hydra does work vs players), but because of the Wiz's fragility you have to use quite a few non-offensive skills in your build. Something similar to the following was used by a number of Wizzy's:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wi...Zdh!ZZYabZ

vs a more agile class like a Monk, the use of Slow Time could be a wise choice I'd think, possibly throw in Diamond Skin somewhere in there too (possibly instead of teleport). Storm Armor is the clear choice here for conjurations, though Shocking Aspect and Scramble are probably viable alternatives to the Thunderstorm rune. You might be able to forego the use of Unstable Anomaly as a passive and use Glass Cannon or Evocation instead, if you are really good at avoiding incoming damage.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well it only takes 8 months, but pvp will be coming... - by FireIceTalon - 01-22-2013, 05:56 PM