Well it only takes 8 months, but pvp will be coming...
Monk changes are a start, but I think it's a very lazy way to balance the class. Just pumping the damage doesn't make it fun to play even if it's "balanced" numerically. The slow spirit generation really makes it feel like a slog. Fundamentally the monk has three problems:

1. Spirit can only (by and large) be generated by your spirit generators.
2. Spirit regen affixes don't scale at all (as opposed to resource on crit), have no synergy with other stats, and generally provide unimpressive gains.
3. All utility costs spirit to use.

Compare that to everyone's favorite class, the barb:

1. You can generate tons of Fury from Battle Rage/Into the Fray. At higher crit levels your fury spenders can pay for themselves. Getting hit gives you fury. Hitting breakables generates fury (and can proc into the fray!). Everything flows together smoothly.
2. More crit boosts both your damage and your resource generation by a large amount.
3. Most utility is cooldown based (and balanced around that cooldown) and _generates_ fury instead of costing it.

Overall it's the barb that feels like the mobile, active class rather than the monk. As a barb I'm always generating and dumping fury, fury feels like a fungible resource as opposed to spirit which I have to carefully husband and dole out in miserly doses.

I'm not really interested in PvP TBH. The game is, and always will be, a horrible PvP game. Popping your invincibility skill and seeing who can burst the other guy down first is dumb, but not something you can really fix without a wholesale rebalance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well it only takes 8 months, but pvp will be coming... - by Athenau - 01-31-2013, 03:59 AM