Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
I am able to run it, and I'm playing. I'm a level 12 ish (I forget what I was when I logged out) Marauder, Act I, on my way to the prison for the kill quest there.

So early opinions. I hate that skill gems have weapon requirements on them. I started out with a staff, so I was getting skill gems for staff / mace. Then I got this Yellow... Named 2h'd axe, and it's just so much better that I would be silly not to use it. But, I only have 1 skill that works with it, So Auto Attack Plus Inferno Blade here I come. It's a little boring, since I can't use my Ground Slam, or Arctic, Frost ,Glacial Hammer thing.

I do have a couple of green gems, and I had a blue gem thta I was using for a bit, but then I got a better belt, but I forgot that the belt had +2 attributes on it, which allowed me to use the blue gem (int thing)

Needless to say, I'm a hot mess right now. But, I'll get the hang of it. Since I figured out the controls, I've only died a few times, and that was because I didn't realize what I was getting myself into.

EDIT:
I played a little more today, I'm up to level 15, and into the ship's graveyard. I'm going to start farming some stuff so that I can try and upgrade my gear. I've got several of the yellow items, but I've been wearing them for a while. I'm not sure how long that stuff is supposed to last.

At this point, I'm building my Marauder to be a sort of Death Knight. I don't have the build fleshed out very far, I'm just trying to figure out what I'm taking when, and what not. This is where I'm at right now. This gives me plenty of life leech, and life back on killing blow, I'm going to keep looking, because I'm enjoying that so far.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by shoju - 02-03-2013, 02:46 PM