Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
(02-14-2013, 04:47 PM)shoju Wrote: One last thing, What level do maps start? Is that a solely "End Game Merciless Difficulty" type thing? Or should I be keeping an eye out for some soon?

They start dropping in level 60 zones, so in some Act 2 Merciless maps (Church Dungeon, The Cave, Dead Thicket, & Waterfall Cave). All of Act 3 is 61+

Mobs in maps start at level 66 and you'll usually find one every other run, so it's usually recommended to farm up a dozen+ maps before you start, so you'll have less of a chance to run dry right away. I do recommend this.

Remember you can turn your maps magic and rare as well, but I recommend saving alchs for higher end maps. Some of the easier/better map stats were Area Size, Pack Size, More Rare & More Magic.

Be careful of the bosses. Lost my 72 Marauder to Brutus with 3.5k life. I wouldn't attempt him again without 5k+ life and ~10k armor (not that armor helps a lot against hits that big).

I do hope they increase the drop rate of maps. The only time I've been bored with the game is when I ran out of maps and had to farm Act 3 zones. A lot of people run Docks but I prefer to mix it up with all of the later A3 zones. Still would rather run maps as they were hilariously random and fun. I won't forget the first map I ran that had zero of the charging Rhoa's so I figured I was safe from them being in this zone. Next thing you know a massive boss Rhoa comes charging at me and knocks me to a quater of my life after I barely got off a granite flask.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by MonTy - 02-14-2013, 11:52 PM