Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
shoju Wrote:Well, Then I've been doing that a little wrong. I honestly, don't even bother much with magic items that much unless I am identifying them from a dungeon. I really have had very little luck with crafting them. Alterartion shards feel like a dime a dozen. I've seriously used stacks of them to buy jewlers orbs.

If you're saving them for jeweller orbs, that's not really doing it wrong. You'll be very thankful for having surplus of those when you find an incredible item that needs more sockets. People don't like trading away their jeweller's/fusings/or chromatics.

When rolling magic items you're really just hopeful for high life and a resist. Only thing I don't roll magic is boots, as they need several mods to be good (speed, life, resist).

shoju Wrote:I've only ever had luck in buying one item. I bought my freaking sweet 2h'er for 2 fuses and a scouring.

While the damage is nice, the attack speed is dreadfully low. I've had better mauls that won't sell because of slow base speed. But for that level it's decent. What's the sockets/links like? Melee truly needs that attack speed for life on hit/steal/procs/etc.

shoju Wrote:So. I'm using Tempest Shield, which gives me Lightning Damage, but then I'm using the two Cold abilities, because I'm a fan of Freezing things, as a way for DR.

I have been thinking. Should I change over to Lightning strike, and Shock Nova?

If you decide to go for lightning, be sure to continue up to Static Blows. I'd also be tempted to go for iron grip since the lightning damage from lightning strike is considered a projectile and your strength bonus wouldn't apply. Here's a 85 pt lightning strike build that I just made which should be good for life, defenses, and resistances. Whatever you do, get a high attack speed weapon.

Please keep in mind I've just started playing PoE since it went open beta, so I'm still learning and a lot of my thoughts are speculation. But I have played a lot of it since open beta as I've had a few characters 60+ and in Merciless.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by MonTy - 02-26-2013, 10:36 PM