Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
shoju Wrote:So... Vall Oversoul being Elementally Resistant

Yea, I'm not looking forward to this fight with my new FP Marauder. His DPS is insanely low for Cruel. Thankfully he's got over 2k life and good defenses, but lack of DPS can certainly be dangerous as well.

shoju Wrote:I really dislike Chaos Damage as it is currently.

Hah, everyone, well except for Chaos Inoculation builds, hates that damage type. If you're not close to any Chaos Res passives or don't have any Chaos Resist gear, you HAVE to stack a ton of life for Act 2 Merciless.

shoju Wrote:A question. I've been enjoying my templar immensely, and I'm building him to use Enduring Cry as a source of DR from endurance Charges...

I have seen on the forums, people selling

"Koam's Sign"

+Life (24)
+Str (I've seen 12 and 10)
Life Leech (2% on both I saw)
+1 Endurance Charge

It kind of caught my eye. Is this the type of ring that could last for a while? Or is it sort of a red herring?

Endurance Charges are amazing, truly one of the best ways to mitigate damage. Most people hate having to recast Enduring Cry and try builds without it. But if you don't mind keeping them up, you'll be very thankful when you get to Merciless.

As for the ring, it absolutely incredible if you have passives that support endurance charges and if you have max resist in Merciless. Most people use a ring slot for prismatic rings thanks to the +all res. I'd make sure you hit 80 to res all in Merciless before switching to the ring. But yes, it's something that you'll want if you can meet all other defense requirements (life/resist). There are better rare rings out there, but it'll cost you more than Koam's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by MonTy - 03-02-2013, 01:46 PM