Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
I started a summoner and have been cruising through act 1 with few issues. I have a couple of neat fire spells and corpse explosion (!!!!) to add some oomph to my squishy minions. I was looking for the waypoint in the 2nd jail area when I died for the first time. The last waypoint was on the Rocky Ledge or something similar a good 2 areas back, and I hadn't put up a portal anywhere on the jail level, but no big deal, I'll just spend a few minutes running back. I was incredibly annoyed to find that not only had enemies respawned, but the entire map was rerolled! I'd have to rediscover the entrances and exits all over again.

You all probably knew this and are laughing at me for not putting up a portal at the beginning of each level. Lesson learned, I guess. I quit the game out of frustration and probably won't play it again. I can understand the game rerolling when you exit, but not while I'm still in the game! It doesn't even make sense- does my character have memory issues or something?

I understand that this is a game for "hardcore" players, and maybe years ago I would have put up with it. I just don't have the time for that kind of shenanigans anymore.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by RTM - 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM