Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
Yeah, Armour is really really bad against big hits (Think Brutus, Kole, etc...). But it is FANTASTIC against smaller hits. Case in point: My Templar is a god while running most maps, but then the physical bosses just crush him. I got into Lunaris Temple with him in Cruel, got down to Kole, and he crushed me over and over and over. Mainly, because my Templar is Armour / ES, and I'm REALLY bad about not running away. I built him like a tank, I feel like I should be able to tank this stuff. It's a remnant of the WoW mentality I guess.

I do use some hybrid gear from time to time on my Summoner. I try to stick with Armour / ES, and not Evasion / ES, mainly because I'm a WoW tank at this, so I think Evasion is bad and random, Armour is bad and constant. Take the constant.

I agree, that those templar area nodes are very tempting. They are such nice rounded nodes.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by shoju - 04-14-2013, 12:20 AM