Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
(05-07-2013, 02:20 PM)shoju Wrote: So I've taken a little break from my witch the past couple of days

I've also taken a break from my main and playing a ranger. Focusing on Rain of Arrows, but with elemental damage. The reason for this is because Rain of Arrows always hits, and if it crits, well elemental effects start happening (shock, burn, freeze). But people have successfully built physical ranger bows, you'll get nice tooltip DPS.

shoju Wrote:Puncture
Split Arrow
Poison Arrow
rain of Arrows
Bear Trap
Fire Trap

All good skills. I haven't used puncture past early game, so not sure how good it is later on. But everything else is usable in Maps if geared correctly. Poison Arrow tends to fall off in Merciless, but less so if you can keep upgrading to a high physical bow.

Be careful when using Chain/LMP. It severely cuts off your damage (but hits more targets). Chain won't work with RoA, but it's good with Split Arrow, since Split Arrow already has an inherit LMP effect. Personally I'd stick with Poison Arrow and Rain of Arrows since you're going physical damage. Be sure to have Temporal Chains so they stay in your Poison Arrow cloud and your Rain of Arrows.

Going Evasion is tough. Very tough. You'll need high life for spike damage. When you get hit, you'll get hit hard. Also you may have problems with mobs that attack quickly for small amounts. People have tried, I watched a streamer do it but stop in frustration.

But if you're going for it, I'd continue and just see how it goes. Worse case scenario is that you make it your group character, so when you play with others you won't be the main target (and have high dps).

Just be sure to get more life. You'll need Int more than Str, due to curses, so you'll want to pickup those nodes. If you're going Evasion there's no reason not to get Arrow Dodging. If I were to draw up a quick skill tree, I'd go with this. If you need more Resistances go for Nullification Passive which is in the Shadow area, it'll get you more Evasion as well. Lastly, don't forget the Aura Grace.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by MonTy - 05-07-2013, 11:05 PM