Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
I died once, because she DESTROYED my minions due to desync and ball lightning thing. Everything died. All of my zombies, all of my skeletons, my totem, my spectres. All GONE I got blown up really quick.

I went back, grabbed three tentacles miscreations, a full round of zombies, dropped my totem back further, and lit her up. She did drop a map.

The chest, is currently a Vaal Regalia. @20% quality that has an ES of 210. The stats on the Chest are:

+23 Mana (a low roll)
73% Increased ES (Sort of low, it could be rolled higher)
19% Fire
22% Cold
40% Lightning Resist.

So Currently, it sits at 363 ES. If I could get even a 60+ ES roll, it would be

210 + 60 = 270
270*1.78 = 480.6 Not amazing, but I figure if I can get the +ES roll, I can then save up, and get the Divine (I think?) Orbs to re-roll it to try and get more ES% and ES on it.

I'd love to drop jewelers and Fusings at it, but I already dropped 130 Orbs on it fishing for 6 Sockets, and came up empty. It wiped out most of my Orb income to get the 60 Jewelers I didn't have to go after it. So after 130, when it hit 5s, I just left it at that. I figure once I get some more orbs put together I'll chase the 5L to move my spectres into my chest, and move my Auras into my boots or gloves.

I have 1 Prefix Slot open. It could roll +life, +ES, or Thorns. It's also a 5s 4l. It's ilvl 69, dropping from the Blacksmith in the Dunes Map.

I'm fairly pleased with my gear right now.
  • I have a +2 minion helm, it's a little on the lower ilvl side (53?), but it's +2 Minion
  • I have ilvl 61 4L Gloves. They rolled +ES% and +ES, with some garbage Accuracy and a little Fire Resist. I'll keep them as is, and use them until I get a nice pair
  • I have the chest I mentioned
  • I have my Unique Boots and Neck, which I'm always pleased with
  • My Shield is pretty good, not amazing, but it's pretty good. It's the one I talked with you about Monty. Currently, it's leveling up the Quality Zombie gem I picked up, and my Portal Gem are in it. I have a green Socket on it, for those times I need to use Detonate Dead. I figure I'll be upgrading it soon, since I'm running content that can drop Archon Kite Shields. I'll be working on those as I get them to find a good one.
  • My belt is weak.
  • My Rings are...... Ok? I like one of them a whole lot more than the other, but neither of them will blow your hair back.
  • I like my wand. It has mana, + Regen, and +Cast Speed, which is really all I need out of a wand. Anything else is just bonus.
  • At some point, I should take some time, and upgrade my flasks. I just haven't taken the time to do that right now. I'm running 4 Animation flasks and a granite flask most of the time, and they are all 20% ers.

Really, at this point, I'm feeling pretty good about my character. I'm up to almost 4k ES, which has been pretty a journey. By the time I hit 73, I'll be able to re-arrange some skill points, and pick up a little more ES from passives (36% more), and have a tree I feel pretty good about.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by shoju - 05-21-2013, 12:15 AM