what do Americans think about the NSA scandal
(06-12-2013, 04:13 PM)kandrathe Wrote: It's just starting. I think the *real* issue with legs here will be the damage that has been done to Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, etc.

And the Lurker Lounge! Maybe you missed that part of the leak. The NSA approached me years ago and put software on this server to monitor the hippies, communists, Tea Party activists, conspiracy theorists, and fringe elements this site attracts. Smile

Anyway, to the point, the only thing that surprises me is that people are surprised. I think the majority of Americans just figured that this couldn't or wouldn't be done, while anyone with a technical background likely expected this from the start because it's not hard to do if you have the resources. And the government has the resources...

I delight in the irony of how the US doesn't want to give up general control of the Internet because "us GOOD, them BAD" - and of course the US is the worst of them all.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: what do Americans think about the NSA scandal - by Bolty - 06-13-2013, 12:17 PM