Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - Information Round-up
Paragon level certainly makes a difference in the loot you find, at least in terms of the amount of loot - not so much in the quality of course. Theoretically, this should also mean more chances for better loot but in reality, you have about the same chances as you do to win the lottery. Last night while leveling my barb to paragon 98 I found like 6-8 legendaries in the same game. Granted, this was a rather high amount compared to what I usually get (and all of them were trash anyway), but it does make a difference. It is very unlikely that I would have found that many on my DH or WD, which are still only in their paragon 20's.

I'm liking what I see for changes to the loot system so far. I hate having to be an AH warrior to be able faceroll the highest content. It gives me no satisfaction in building or progressing my chars, and the only reason I even still play at this point is for paragon leveling and co-op here and there with friends. Ofc, now that the level cap is going to be increased, it seems all my items will now become obsolete, ggrrrrrrrr. But hopefully the Loot 2.0 compensates for this and I can find all new upgrades for my chars w/o little (preferably none) reliance on using the AH. Indeed, I would rather have less loot drop, but have a much more substantial chance of it being something worthwhile. There is good RNG, and there is bad RNG - and right now, D3 has very bad RNG. There are too many useless affixes, and the stat ranges are too wide to the point where rolling an upgrade is almost impossible. I like the idea of being able to change stat on an item that you find, via an artisan...too many times I've found something that was oh so close, and the lack of one stat kills something that would otherwise have been a great find. "Wow, these gloves are nice! Critical hit chance, critical hit damage, main stat and all resists.....oh wait, extra gold from monsters and no IAS?". Salvaged.

I'm not sure that I like unlimited paragon levels though. Even if stats do have a certain cap to avoid char imbalance, it just feels like there is no goal to work for anymore (even if the loot hunt becomes worth it). I think there should be some sort of limit.

Act 5 looks really awesome. Def looks like something you would see in a Diablo game - very dark. I think the devs realized that some of the other acts were too "bright" for a diablo game, and changed course. Act 1 was by far the most well done and polished act of D3 classic, but even that was a bit too bright in some areas - playing in the old cathedral doesn't have the same tense feeling as it did in D1 because there is so much lighting. I thought the cursed hold was a good model for how inside environments should look in the game.

The changes look promising overall but I will reserve judgement until I play the game.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls - Information Round-up - by FireIceTalon - 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM