Free PC Games (now the Cookie Clicker Thread)
(10-25-2013, 09:25 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I reset at 405 quad, to get to 900 Heavenly Chips, thinking I still had a long way to go and that would at least double my CPS for the long haul to 2000 Heavenly Chips.

Darn you Lochnar INC, darn you all to heck!111 I'm 4th cycle legacy with 637 chips, and here you are just 100 chips away from 1k HC?!11

I will have to shape up my empire! Kitten Overseers, full steam ahead and do not paws for anything!111

Quote:...at least not without an auto-clicker (which I would call a cheat).

Agreed.

Quote:

Well, that and POE release hit just then, too, so I was able to distract myself from the billions and trillions and quadrillions of tasty glorious cookies...

Aha! Now's my chance! Big Grin

Alright more seriously. I tried the Gold and Red cookies combination, and at least at this time. Experiment was a bust. I was trying to see if I could combine the power of Gold Cookies with the Wrath of Red cookies. Result at this point in time = NOPE!

Reasons being:

- Red is simply too unstable\unreliable in general for my taste.

- The nerf to the Chain (which was Red's one saving grace for me) didn't help any.

- Certain combos are outright impossible (Elder Frenzy + Gold Frenzy not happening, they will just replace each other AFAIK). Too short to ever combine, (Elder Frenzy even with maxed upgrade only lasts for 12 seconds). Or way too rare to be practical (I was hoping for a Gold Frenzy, with Red\Wrath Click Frenzy. Even if this is possible, it's like hoping for a quad lottery win it seems.)

Only interesting thing I got out of it so far was a Cookie Chain with alternating Gold + Red. Other than that, it was a bust for me this try. Maybe on the next cycle.

Short version: Just strictly on efficiency. A Gold Pledge Drive beats Red if I want stability and more cookies over time. It's analogous to choosing a thousand dollar lump sum, vs getting a hundred dollars every hour for 24 hr.

Actually I think it's worse in the Cookie Clicker universe. I might not even get the lump sum, I'm only getting a -chance- of a lumpsum. I might also get a half pay dock, or a % deduction of my banked cookies account.

Red is good if I want to feel like 'gambling', though the rumour mills is saying Orteil is experimenting with putting Cookie gambling in the future.

edit ps: Gold + Red was done by not going full gramapocalypse state. Full apoc = Angered State = 100% Red Cookies. Ver 1.0383, bone stock no mods \ console codes. I'd bet a gajillion cookies on this fact.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Bolty - 08-27-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Lissa - 08-27-2013, 06:08 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Bolty - 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by eppie - 09-23-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Frag - 10-12-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by eppie - 10-14-2013, 06:59 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by eppie - 10-14-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Frag - 10-13-2013, 02:43 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Taem - 10-13-2013, 05:49 AM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Taem - 10-14-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Bolty - 10-18-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Free PC Games Everyone Should Play - by Taem - 10-19-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Free PC Games (now the Cookie Clicker Thread) - by Hammerskjold - 10-26-2013, 06:28 AM