What The $%#* Happened?
Quote:Why do you make a class variant that can't play some parts of the game? You call it maximizing, I call it shooting one self in the foot.:P

Please, tell me a sorceress sub-class that focuses on multiple skill trees which is capable of handling their own on /players 8 in Hardcore Diablo 2 with minimal gear support? Unless you are insinuating /players 8, or even joining a Hell game with 8-players in the game and soloing, are not an acceptable part of Diablo 2's game play experience? Because I will tell you now from my own experience with an Orb sorceress that it takes quite awhile to kill anything (obviously not including unkillable cold immunes) in Hell with maxed Orb, synergy, and Cold Mastery and somewhat decent gear. . . by myself in a game. If a monster group is extra fast, I have to be especially careful - there are a great deal of times where if I did not have a point into Frozen Armor and Teleport, I'd be a smear on the digital landscape. Not the mention the mana regeneration *required* means maxing Warmth if you can't find the runes or 4-socket polearm (which was my problem for awhile) to make an Insight. I greatly considered, since I had already maxed Warmth, to put the rest of my points into something in the Fire tree, but upon checking the damage on skill planner sites, it was so little as to make virtually zero effect, especially when confronted with a mob of extra fast cold immunes in Act 5 Hell. Unless I'm missing something in your words, I just don't find what your saying to be realistic *and* survivable in Hardcore.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
What The $%#* Happened? - by Taem - 10-01-2008, 06:31 AM
RE: What The $%#* Happened? - by Xeniphon - 03-16-2011, 03:02 AM
RE: What The $%#* Happened? - by Hammerskjold - 03-18-2011, 07:37 AM
What The $%#* Happened? - by ShadowHM - 10-01-2008, 12:14 PM
What The $%#* Happened? - by Taem - 10-02-2008, 02:44 AM
What The $%#* Happened? - by Crusader - 10-03-2008, 08:42 AM
What The $%#* Happened? - by --Pete - 10-03-2008, 09:09 PM
What The $%#* Happened? - by Taem - 10-03-2008, 10:06 PM