How to shoot yourself in the foot
(10-03-2013, 06:33 AM)Taem Wrote: Yeah... no going back... I really shot myself in the foot this time.

Is it 100% no going back, like black listed no going back, or is it possible that a sincere letter of apology and a subscription renewal will bury the hatchet? That is assuming you want to bury the hatchet with Funimation.

I myself am a cheapskate, so I use crunchyroll free version, so there are ads. But I personally consider it a fair enough trade. It still mostly shorter than traditional TV\cable on average as well.

Don't know if crunchyroll has FM-Alchemist, but I got the majority of my Attack On Titan fix from crunchyroll.

I can suggest 3 things regarding your anger management. If you haven't already seen\read these that is. The first 2 are anime series, and the third is a manga series.

1) K-On. 2 seasons, 1 movie. Adapted from a manga. Comedy\slice of life. Cute fluffy girls doing cute fluffy stuff. They form a high school band. They have tea and sweets. The music and songs are not half bad, range from J-pop to retro 60's sounding jam.

2) Nichijou. 1 season. Adapted from a manga. Hard to categorize this, slice of life\surrealist comedy I guess. It might be too quirky even by japanese animation standards, but I am biased that I'm in the camp that say this series is underrated. The first few episodes are not that great, but the sketches starts to become more developed and funnier after that. It's got elements of Seinfeld, 3 stooges, Tex Avery\Merry Melodies, and a dash of a Zen koan.

3) Yotsuba. Ongoing manga, from the same creator of Azumanga-Daioh.
Industrial, prescription strength slice of life comedy\feel good manga about an adopted 5 year old girl. It has the power to soothe some of the angriest and aspiest denizens of a certain infamous internet image board.

With that out of the way. I do have to address something very very, very important that I just read in your post.

Quote:..... using your dubs

Dubs....? Are you watching....dubs? Ok I certainly will defend anyone's choice of dub over subs. Everyone has different and personal preference after all.

And.....uggghh.....arrrggggh.....ggggaaaaaahhhhHHHGGUGGGGGGAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!1111111

I hate badly done dubs! Even Princess Mononoke dubbed version, sounded like it was read by a cast of bad highschool drama class to me! 90% of what I hear in dubs is either monotone dead delivery, or an embarassingly cloying re-enactment of Sailor Moon dubs from the 90s, or a bad Pokemon clone.

You know what, I take that last part back. Pokemon N.American dub work is oscar bait next to some of the crap dubs I've heard. There probably is some good dubs out there, but damn if most of the dubs out there is drowning in crap.

I've known people who says they prefer dubs because they don't like the original voice work. To that I say foooie. Fooie out their wazoo! Yes it's their preference, but if they're going to say it's flat out better, I'll say they're out of their god damn mind.

Even if I don't speak the language, I still have a better chance of hearing the voice inflections and other verbal clues from the original voice work. A bad dub not only removes that, but can add clutter and crap that was never the original creator's intent. It's hard enough to try to do an accurate translation between languages, some *third rate overacting voice actor now has to inject their own crap into it?!

*(Minnie Driver, I'm real happy for you and I'ma let your finish, but you were crap in Princess Mononoke. Billy Bob, Jada Pinkett, don't quit your dayjobs.)

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGAGHHLELAEEERRRRAWR!

I know, I know. There is such a thing as bad subs as well. That's very true. However, with bad subs I can at least try to ignore the text, and still get some verbal clues from the -original- voice work. With bad dubs, that ability is gone. It's not hard to read subs while watching. It's about the same difficulty as walking and chewing gum at the same time people!

Ahem. In closing. Down with bad dubs!111 Support good subs!!11

Messages In This Thread
How to shoot yourself in the foot - by Taem - 10-03-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: How to shoot yourself in the foot - by eppie - 10-03-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: How to shoot yourself in the foot - by Kevin - 10-03-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: How to shoot yourself in the foot - by Taem - 10-03-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: How to shoot yourself in the foot - by Bolty - 10-03-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: How to shoot yourself in the foot - by Hammerskjold - 10-03-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: How to shoot yourself in the foot - by Taem - 10-04-2013, 03:04 AM
RE: How to shoot yourself in the foot - by Drasca - 10-06-2013, 03:07 AM