diplomatic immunity
(10-11-2013, 02:01 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: It is pretty rare that I have anything nice to say about law enforcement. But fuck, if this guy was abusing his kids, he probably deserved to be smacked around a little bit. If he was doing it then, it means he probably has done it before, and will do it again behind closed doors.

Yeah indeed. Diplomatic immunity was a thing set in place to protect for example Russian diplomats in the US or the other way around to be held hostage for fake reasons during the cold war. Not for diplomats to collect parking tickets and beat their family.
This guy is obviously (if I believe the news) not a very nice example of the human race, but because we want to protect our very good business relation with Russia we are crawling for Putin again.

Now the last news is that (after an apology) the Russians want us to punish the police officers in charge during the events that lead to this 'crisis', but the Dutch don't want to do this. They say they just acted to protect the children and would do it again in such a situation.

Also, the 4 people who got their car damaged because of his drunk wife can also forget getting their damages paid.

You have of course a legal and a moral side of the story here.
The Russians are clinging to the legal side once, but apparently don't care that a high ranked diplomat is a child beating drunk (again I use the facts I read in papers). I personally would be so ashamed that I would bring this guy back to Russia and fire him from his 'job', but I guess he is a friend of Putin.

Messages In This Thread
diplomatic immunity - by eppie - 10-09-2013, 07:29 AM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by kandrathe - 10-09-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by Chesspiece_face - 10-09-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by eppie - 10-10-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by LochnarITB - 10-10-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by LennyLen - 10-10-2013, 06:43 AM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by kandrathe - 10-10-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by FireIceTalon - 10-11-2013, 02:01 PM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by eppie - 10-11-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: diplomatic immunity - by kandrathe - 10-11-2013, 04:39 PM