Blackfish documentary on CNN - anyone else watch it?
(10-27-2013, 05:21 PM)kandrathe Wrote: No, in that we can often arrange them through our actions, and not only those prescribed by random interactions. In other words, we can sometimes be in control of "nature" if we choose to be. In that then, there is not a pre-destiny on the scales within our influence. At the extremes, we are less in control, like say when our sun dies, or when the universe contracts.

I mean a different thing. You deciding to type something on your keyboard is just molecules in your body moving and reacting with each other.
The most energetically favorable thing will happen. You don't influence that, it just happens.
At least that is what I believe, and I didn't hear a good argument against that yet.
Again, it also puzzles me.....how would our earth with all the different living things be an energetically favorable situation? I guess there is a lot of uncertainty playing a big role.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blackfish documentary on CNN - anyone else watch it? - by eppie - 10-27-2013, 08:01 PM