Blackfish documentary on CNN - anyone else watch it?
(10-28-2013, 07:56 AM)eppie Wrote: I also find it hard to grasp, but which other reason would there be?
What is free will according to you? Something not bound by the laws of nature?
I'm more of a student of the mind, so as I understand it, our thoughts are a form of organized chaos. Or, in other words -- nonlinear dynamical systems theory or this book, Principles of Brain Dynamics

Any particle (atomic or subatomic) can spin off into a random direction, with a random velocity determined by the energetic system it left -- but what happens during the journey, and when it hits something else is governed by natures laws. I believe free will therefore is predicated upon indeterminate states in molecules, and therefore at higher order construct of synapses, thus resulting in free will, and also spontaneous creativity. The evolutionary biological organization of this molecular indeterminacy has resulted in what we call thinking, and creating.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blackfish documentary on CNN - anyone else watch it? - by kandrathe - 10-28-2013, 06:35 PM